Despite being a challenging year due to various non-research related reasons (Covid, anyone?), the TUM P.B.S. group can celebrate a very successful year. We’ve had a very nice series of publications, among others with papers at the NeurIPS, ICML and ICLR conferences.
Here’s a quick re-cap of what happened:
- NeurIPS: Solver-in-the-Loop: Learning from Differentiable Physics to Interact with Iterative PDE-Solvers
- ICML: Learning Similarity Metrics for Numerical Simulations
- ICLR: Learning to Control PDEs with Differentiable Physics
- ICLR: Tranquil Clouds: Neural Networks for Learning Temporally Coherent Features in Point Clouds
- ICLR: Lagrangian Fluid Simulation with Continuous Convolutions
- SIGGRAPH: Learning Temporal Coherence via Self-Supervision for GAN-based Video Generation (TecoGAN)
- CVPR: Correspondence-Free Material Reconstruction using Sparse Surface Constraints
And despite being online for a while, our AIAA journal paper Deep Learning Methods for Reynolds-Averaged Navier-Stokes Simulations of Airfoil Flows also finally appeared in 2020.
And of course we have quite a list of exciting works in progress, stay tuned … 😃