My research topic is high-resolution fluid synthesis and data-driven fluid simulations. Currently, I am a Ph.D. student in Nils Thuerey’s group, at Technical University of Munich. I received my M.Eng. degree from Zhejiang University, China in March 2014.
- Y. Xie* , E. Franz* and M. Chu* and N. Thuereyy, “tempoGAN: A Temporally Coherent, Volumetric GAN for Super-resolution Fluid Flow”, to be appear on SIGGRAPH 2018, (*Similar contributions)
- Mengyu Chu and Nils Thuerey, “Data-Driven Synthesis of Smoke Flows with CNN-based Feature Descriptors“, ACM Transactions on Graphics (SIGGRAPH Conference, 2017, Los Angeles, USA), Vol. 36, No. 4, Article 69.
- Method and apparatus for modeling smoke turbulence based on patch
US 20170178344 A1, Filing date, Jun 24, 2016.
Nahyup KANG, Mengyu CHU, Nils Thuerey, Hyong Euk Lee, Donghoon SAGONG
- Mengyu Chu, “GPU-based Progressive Photon Relaxation”, M.Eng. Thesis, Zhejiang University, February 2014. (Chinese)
- Winter 2017/18: Seminar – Machine Learning in Graphics
- Winter 2017/18: Game Physics, Exercise part
- Winter 2016/17: Game Physics, Exercise part
- Winter 2015/16: Game Physics, Exercise part
Bachelor’s / Master’s Theses
If you’re interested in a Bachelor’s or Master’s thesis regarding data-driven fluid simulation and synthesis, please contact me.