My research focuses on physically-based simulations of fluids and deformable bodies in computer graphics and their perceptual evaluations.
I am currently working as a postdoc in Nils Thuerey‘s group. I received my Ph.D. in computer science and engineering from Korea University in February 2014, where my advisor was JungHyun Han. I obtained my M.Sc. degree from the same university in February 2008.
E-mail: kiwon.um (at) tum (dot) de
- Kiwon Um, Xiangyu Hu, and Nils Thuerey, “Perceptual Evaluation of Liquid Simulation Methods,” ACM Transactions on Graphics (the 44th SIGGRAPH Conference, July 30-August 3, 2017, Los Angeles, USA), Vol. 36, Issue 4, Article 143. [Project]
- Kiwon Um, Seungho Baek, and JungHyun Han, “Correspondence-based Fluid Control with a Hybrid Particle-Grid Simulation Method,” Proceedings of the 30th International Conference on Computer Animation and Social Agents, May 22-24, 2017, Seoul, Korea. (short paper)
- Kiwon Um, Xiangyu Hu, and Nils Thuerey, “Liquid Splash Modeling with Neural Networks,” 2017, arXiv: 1704.04456.
- Kiwon Um, Xiangyu Hu, and Nils Thuerey, “Analysis of Free Surface Simulation using Breaking-dam Benchmark,” Proceedings of the 11th International SPHERIC Workshop, June 13–16, 2016, Munich, Germany, pp. 410–415.
- Seungho Baek, Kiwon Um, and JungHyun Han, “Muddy Water Animation with Different Details,” Computer Animation and Virtual Worlds (the 28th International Conference on Computer Animation and Social Agents, May 11-13, 2015, Singapore), Vol. 26, No. 3-4, pp. 347-355.
- Kiwon Um, Seungho Baek, and JungHyun Han, “Advanced Hybrid Particle-Grid Method with Sub-Grid Particle Correction,” Computer Graphics Forum (the 22nd Pacific Graphics, October 8-10, 2014, Seoul, Korea), Vol. 33, No. 7, pp. 209-218. [Project]
- Wonbae Yoon, Namil Lee, Kiwon Um, and JungHyun Han, “Computer-generated Iron Filing Art,” The Visual Computer (the 31st Computer Graphics International, June 10-13, 2014, Sydney, Australia), Vol. 30, No. 6-8, pp. 889-895.
- Kiwon Um, Tae-Yong Kim, Youngdon Kwon, and JungHyun Han, “Porous Deformable Shell Simulation with Surface Water Flow and Saturation,” Computer Animation and Virtual Worlds (the 26th International Conference on Computer Animation and Social Agents, May 16-18, 2013, Istanbul, Turkey), Vol. 24, No. 3-4, pp. 247-254. [Project]
- Kiwon Um and JungHyun Han, “Leaking Fluids,” Proceedings of International Symposium on Visual Computing, December 1-3, 2008, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, pp. 1135-1143.
- Kiwon Um, “Fluid Simulation in Hybrid Frameworks and Porous Shell Simulation with Water,” Ph.D. Thesis, Korea University, February 2014. (English)
- Kiwon Um, “Leaking Fluids,” M.Sc. Thesis, Korea University, February 2008. (Korean)